Did you come to Port Aransas to fish? Great! But now you have your catch of the day, and you need a good, quick recipe, right?
We think the recipe below goes great with all the common fish that you might catch here in the Gulf Coast waters. It pairs well with a White Pinot Noir wine or even a Margarita! For the sides- roasted garlic potatoes, fresh corn on the cob, and a fresh warm roll.
- 6 red snapper fillets with skin on one side (or whatever your catch of the day is)
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely grated fresh lime zest
- 12 Lime wedges
- Preheat broiler and lightly oil a shallow baking pan (1 inch deep).
- Pat fish dry, then arrange skin sides up, in 1 layer on baking pan. Brush both sides of fish with 3 tablespoons of your olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Squeeze some lime juice from 2 wedges and sprinkle some garlic and lime zest, leaving most for after it is cooked.
- Toss together the cilantro, rest of the garlic and lime zest in a bowl.
- Broil Fish without turning over, until just cooked through for about 8 to 1o minutes.
- Transfer fish to a platter with skin sides down. Then sprinkle the cilantro, garlic and zest mixture- and drizzle with remaining oil if desired.
Let us know if you try this recipe! It’s so easy, it’s almost impossible to mess up!