The time to decide what our New Year’s resolution will be is nearing. But let’s be real- keeping a New Year’s resolution can be tough. So many things can weigh in and render us from honoring the resolution that we swore we were going to keep. So, here are some tips to help you keep your 2017 resolution.
1. First, set your goal. What area in your life needs improvement? Think about your relationships, your habits (good and bad), and think about your daily mindset. Is there more negative than positive?
2. Once you figure out what you want to focus on, write it down. The trick is to get it out of your head and onto paper. Put your vision in front of you! Turn your focus away from negative thoughts and turn them into positive statements.
3. Every morning when you wake up, look at your resolutions and set your day in line with small goals to help you reach your big goal.
4. Research. Find out as much as you can about your resolution. Why is it important? What are the benefits of the change you are making? Use this research to set specific goals for yourself. A helpful way to set your goals is to answer the questions: What, when where, why, and how? Break down your goal into daily actions. For every day that you work towards your goal, check it off on your calendar. This will help you to stay motivated and not give up.
5. Make time for yourself by heading to the beach to relax! Re-energize by the water and let the waves soothe your soul.
6. Lastly, don’t give up!
Happy New Year! 2017 is going to be YOUR best year yet.