The weather is slowly getting cooler here in Port Aransas as we settle into fall, and Halloween is just around the corner! There are so many ways to celebrate this season; pumpkin carving, decorating, scary movies, ghost stories around the fire at the beach, and more. Of course no Halloween activity is complete without an equally spooky selection of snacks. Here are some fun easy recipes you can try at home!
- 1 liter cream soda
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-5 Werther’s Originals
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Put cream soda in a pot to boil
- Melt the butter and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved
- Pour butter and sugar mixture into the pot of boiling cream soda (make sure the soda is boiling or the butter and sugar will solidify
- Add cream
- Add Werther’s and stir continuously until melted
- Serve hot and top with whipped cream
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza Sauce
- Black Olives
- Open the pizza dough, and lay it out on a piece of parchment paper.
- Slice each side of the dough towards the center, leaving about 4 inches in the middle.
- Use a spoon to spread pizza sauce on the middle of the pizza crust.
- Pile pepperoni down the middle of the pizza crust.
- Cover the pepperoni with mozzarella cheese.
- Add 2 black olives towards the top for the mummy’s eyeballs.
- Wrap the cut sides of the pizza crust back and forth, overlapping as you go.
- Bake the mummy at 350 degrees for 15-22 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 1 bag Chex Mix Muddy Buddy Peanut Butter Chocolate Mix
- 1 bag Reese’s Pieces
- 1 bag Reese’s Mini White Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 bag Candy Corn
- 1 container salted caramel roasted peanuts
- Black, orange, purple and green candy melts
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Melt one bag of candy melts in large bowl according to package directions
- Stir in Chex Mix until well coated
- Repeat with other candy melt colors and peanuts
- Pour sprinkles onto the coated Chex Mix and peanuts
- Let candy coating set
- Combine into a bowl with Reese’s Pieces, peanut butter cups, and candy corn
These Halloween recipes are fun and easy, which is great if you happen to be on vacation during the holiday! What better way to make your vacation a little more fun and spooky than with these yummy treats! If you try them out for yourself, please tag us on Facebook! We would love to see your creations!